CAC Specialty Enters New Year with Six New Hires, Expands Natural Resource TeamJanuary 14th, 2021
CAC Specialty is starting the New Year by expanding its Natural Resources Division (CAC NR) with six new hires.
- Robert Carvell – Robert joins as Senior Vice President of CAC’s Specialty’s Risk & Project Management division, Natural Resources in Houston, Texas. Prior to CAC Specialty, Robert was the Vice President of Risk and Project Management with Energy and Marine Risk Services in Houston, where he conducted asset integrity and condition surveys of offshore platforms, onshore and offshore drilling rigs, midstream assets and production equipment facilities. In all, Robert brings more than four decades of domestic and international energy surveying, risk management and claims project management expertise.
- Michael Ford – The team welcomes Michael as Senior Vice President of CAC Specialty’s Mining division Natural Resources in Knoxville, Tennessee. Before joining CAC Specialty, Mike was the Senior Vice President at Willis Towers Watson, where he worked closely with clients on developing unique programs and bringing greater value and visibility to the risk management teams. He brings more than three decades of experience within the mining industry to the CAC Specialty team.
- Anna Anderson – Anna joins as Senior Account Manager at CAC Specialty, Natural Resources in Knoxville, Tennessee. Anna brings more than a decade of experience in leading accounts and developing new programs. Prior to CAC Specialty, Anna was the Senior Account Manager at Scott Insurance.
- Josh Jakubowski – CAC Specialty welcomes Josh as Vice President of claims in the CAC Specialty’s Mining division, Natural Resources in Knoxville Tennessee. Before joining CAC Specialty, Josh was a Senior Claims Consultant with Willis Towers Watson in Knoxville, Tennessee, where he was the claims advocate for the U.S. Mining and Metals Center of Excellence. Josh brings more than a decade of experience to CAC Specialty.
- John Hohlt – The team welcomes John as Senior Vice President of Surety at CAC Specialty, Natural Resources in Houston, Texas. John started his career with Argo Surety as a surety underwriter before joining Wortham in 2015. In 2017, John was recognized as a top young broker by Insurance Business Magazine primarily for his extensive research and knowledge of Bureau of Ocean Energy Management regulations. John specializes in servicing and consulting on all surety needs across the oil and gas industry.
- Justin Treat – Justin joins CAC Specialty as a producer in CAC Specialty, Natural Resources in Houston, Texas. Justin has more than a decade of P&C experience in a variety of roles including technical and account servicing positions. Before joining CAC Specialty, Justin was Assistant Vice President and Account Executive at Aon – Energy Group.
“We are extremely pleased that the expansion of the CAC Specialty Natural Resources team continues to accelerate and that we have attracted such exceptional talent to our platform,” said Gary King, Executive Chairman of CAC Specialty Natural Resources. “We are focused on ensuring that all our new partners are aligned with our vision and our corporate culture both of which are focused on delivering exceptional results for our clients. We expect to make significant further investments in 2021 in all the verticals of our Natural Resources practice group including Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Mining and Surety.”
“We are strategically building our CAC Natural Resources team with the best talent in the industry,” said Josh Kirklin, Executive Vice President of Oil & Gas for CAC Natural Resources. “These new hires will expand on the industry leaders and experts we added to the team late last year including Fred Smith, Pete Krouse, Lloyd Wills, Lindsay Carl, Tony Nguyen, Gary King and Lisa Harris. These hires coupled with the legacy Cobbs Allen Energy team present a compelling group of seasoned and highly motivated professionals that will deliver market leading results for our clients. We look forward to their immediate impact on our business and helping to service our clients globally.”
About CAC Natural Resources
Natural resource companies face challenges in the markets they serve & in the courts of public opinion. They need partners with a deep knowledge of these specialized industries to guide them through this landscape. CAC’s Natural Resource division delivers this precise navigation. We offer clients technical expertise, comprehensive planning & informed decision-making to secure dynamic & cost-effective insurance programs. We are a fiercely independent broker with no corporate conflicts that compete with our clients’ best interests. We act locally but work globally to provide comprehensive, innovative, & durable insurance solutions.
About CAC Specialty
CAC Specialty is an integrated specialty insurance brokerage and investment banking business focused on providing structuring expertise and placement capabilities across the spectrum of insurance and alternative capital markets. We serve large corporates, SMEs, private equity, and other alternative fund managers.